High School Dance Competition 2017 rules and conditions
HSDC takes pride in presenting Australia’s first High School Dance competition with Bollywood theme.
Please read all HSDC rules carefully, as failure to comply could result in disqualification. Once your entry is received it is understood that you have read these rules and conditions to the event.
The results are based on Judging panel score and audience poll and is final. No teacher, parent, or student will question our judges or HSDC management concerning the result of any part of the competition.
- Submit your application form along with $50 application before the due date. Entries close on 30th May, 2017
- Performing group should provide music track on CD / MP3 track at least 3 weeks prior to the competition.
- Performing group must be ready to perform at stated time in the official program. 5 Points will be deducted if contestants do not perform in scheduled sequence, you must be ready to perform at least 3 acts (dances) before yours, unless permission is granted by the stage manager.
- All performers must be present at the awards presentation to receive their awards. No awards will be given at other times.
- If video cameras, photo cameras or any recording device are found in the competition Venue, HSDC event security reserves the right to confiscate the equipment. Teachers, please inform parents and students of this rule, as it may result in disqualification. You may take photos of the awards presentations only.
- All dance routines must be appropriate for family viewing. If a judge or the Directors of HSDC feel that a routine or costume is too suggestive or inappropriate for our audience, the routine may be stopped, and/ or points will be deducted.
- All entries must be registered via our website www.highschooldancecompetition.com.au or by downloading the paper format. No Entry fees.
- HSDC and the venue management are not responsible for any property loss or injury to any persons attending the event and lost property will be left at the venue for your collection.
- HSDC reserves the right to change competition day, or move competition location, due to unforeseen circumstances and entries will not be refunded if HSDC changes dates. In the event of a natural disaster or a venue is not available, HSDC reserves the right to change the date of event or cancel the event altogether.
- All entries require submitting a 1-2 minute dance routine video clip before they are given a final acceptance into the competition. HSDC also reserve the right to refuse any entry. Closing dates are only a guide.
- HSDC is a stage event; we do not tolerate parents who conduct themselves in an unacceptable and offensive manner towards participants or our staff.
- Contestants will be responsible for preparing and removing all props and a time limit of 45-seconds to set or break down props will apply. Any Prop or set that is deemed unsafe will not be allowed on stage. If you litter the stage, you are responsible for cleaning the stage area. Special lighting effects will not be permitted for any act / dance. There is no house curtain available on the stage.
- Any discrepancy in scores must be brought to the attention of HSDC management on the day of competition. Only school team managers will be permitted to approach the HSDC management concerning any discrepancies, if they arise.
- Any act that is not completed will not be eligible for any prize / award.
- CD’s handed into HSDC must be in working order, HSDC will take no responsibility for any CD’s that do not play or if a CD skips and performers will only be permitted to submit 1 additional back up CD as a second chance.
- Prompting during a performance will result in a 20-point deduction. This must be brought to the attention of the HSDC management while it is occurring. Persons including parents are not permitted back stage.
- Minimum of 30 HSDC tickets need to be sold by each participating group.
- Please promote your participation at your school and bring as many supporters for your group as possible to the event as there is public voting for this event.
- All contestants grant permission to the management of HSDC, to use their photographs in advertisements, posters, news media, Facebook, website or to appear on local and/or National television to promote its competitions.
- Group Limit: Minimum 4 performers – Maximum 30 performers
- Performance duration: Minimum 3 minutes – Maximum 4 minutes
- A 5 point deduction will apply to any act that runs from 15 to 30 seconds overtime, and a 10 point deduction may apply to any act that runs more than 30 seconds overtime.
No correspondence will be entered into for any act that has had points deducted for overtime or for any other reason.
Registration: $50.00 Non refundable
NOTE: Registrations can only be done directly through our website www.highschooldancecompetition.com.au
Step 1: Awareness about the competition
- Print the HSDC Poster (email attachment) to A3 size and display it in your school notice board. You can also include it on your school’s website and newsletters.
- Announce about the Competition during the assembly or as a special announcement.
Step 2: Registration
Step 3: Preparation
- Selected entries will receive a confirmation email from HSDC.
- Create music track (max 4 minutes – Bollywood songs remix or Bollywood songs remixed with any other songs) for the dance and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a performing groups photo for promotion on HSDC website and Facebook pages. HSDC will send your group’s personalised poster, post it on your Facebook page and invite your friends to like your group and invite to the program. (Special prize for group with highest likes).
- Organise dance practices.
- Prepare a ballot box with your schools name on it (Best box wins a surprise prize).
- Each participating group will sell a minimum of 30 tickets
Step 4: Event Day
- Each school should have a team manager (Teacher / senior student) accompany the competing group. Arrive early to the venue to avoid any traffic delays.
- One entry per School – Minimum of 4 students / Maximum 30 students per group.
- Submit the application online at http://www.highschooldancecompetition.com.au or you can download the paper application, complete and email us.
- Music used: Bollywood movie songs should be the base and can be remixed with any other songs.
- Song duration: 4 minutes max.
Please refer to the rules for the competition
Judging Panel Score 50% (3 Judges)
||Presentation and Costumes
||Groups’ Presentation, Costumes and Appearance
||Effective choreography, particular moves that require high level of skill
||Synchronization and Team work
||How well the group is working throughout every section of the dance, beat and rhythm. And how well the team make use of the number of performers that they have on stage
||Creativity / Formations
||Flow of choreography from one section to other, how well the formations are made
Audience Poll 50% (Audience in the auditorium)
Total Score: 100%
Awards and Cash Prizes:
Winner (First Prize): Trophy and $1000 CASH
Winning Group will receive $1000 CASH and Trophy
Runner-up (Second Prize): Trophy and $500 CASH
Winning Group will receive $500 CASH and Trophy
2nd Runner-up (Third Prize): Trophy and $250 CASH
Winning Group will receive $250 CASH and Trophy
Other prizes include:
Best Choreography / Best Costume / Best ballot box / Top Facebook likes.
Every participating School is a winner: $100 Cash Prize
HSDC will provide guidance to participating groups in regards to music / costumes / choreography. Remember HSDC representative is a phone call away.
Interested students should contact their schools’ art department or principal for further information and registering your group for the competition.
Participants and schools hereby release all HSDC directors, officers or representatives from any claims for damages or injuries sustained while participating in any activity related to this competition. By registering for the competition you (the participating group) understand all the above stated rules including time limits and schedules etc., and there is no refund on entries.
Please check this page regularly for up to date terms and conditions of this competition.